Friday, September 23, 2011

Intro...

Welcome to the bird cage. Every bit of life, that isn't on facebook ;-), will be here. So...let's get the simple stuff out of the way. No, Ebony Phoenix is NOT my real name, and what is my real name will probably never be important to you. I'm coming to vent, to express...to be the writer that God created me to be. Poetry is the gift, but a little prose is necessary from time to time. Can't always elude to life, sometimes you just have to tell it like it is! I'm 24, college grad (UCONN!!), grown woman (not a female dog, not a child, not a thing), Christian, sarcastic, funny, blah blah blah...you'll get to know me if you're willing to journey through my...interesting mind. Politics, sex, money, race, creed, religion, people, gender...nothing is safe from being talked about. I didn't get a degree for nothing, I don't read books for nothing. God gave me a mind, and I'm going to use it.

Sometimes you just need a place to let everything out, and the times when I don't want to be poetic, I'll just spell it out in plain english here. Might post a poem or two from time to time. Nothing too heavy for the first post...off to literary land, or dream world....whoever sends me an invite first.

Peace...
The Phoenix...

No comments:

Post a Comment